Guided by the motto “learn continuously, live generatively,” I am a business instructor, instructional designer, and corporate trainer with experience as a writer, speaker, and consultant; you might also find me acting or performing as a voiceover artist. After teaching extensively online and across Southern California I embraced an opportunity in Dubai where I educate undergraduates and conduct training courses.
Skilled in learning management systems including Blackboard and Canvas, I develop and deliver communication, management, and marketing courses for adult learners online, on campus, and in blended learning environments. Oriented towards the implementation of ideas, I have prepared and presented training programs on business communication, corporate happiness, creativity and innovation, leadership, and social media for individuals, organizations, and government agencies.
A tech-savvy writer, my first book, “edX E-Learning Course Development,” was published for educators designing, developing, and deploying MOOC courses on the edX platform. I recently wrote a book chapter titled “Arabian Gulf Game Plan: The social media marketing strategy of the Emirates American Football League.” I also author scholarly papers, feature articles, and Doctorious — a blog about my adventures in academia. I am an unrepentant fan of the Oxford comma; the semicolon is another guilty pleasure.
As a marketer and consultant, I managed people, products, and projects in the education, entertainment, medical device, nonprofit, publishing, travel, and technology sectors. A social media marketing subject matter expert, I have written research reports for lawsuits including one that helped Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen keep $500,000 in royalties for the song “Good Time!”
A charismatic speaker, I use sincerity, humor, and storytelling to connect with audiences; digital marketing and educational technology are my main topics. A lifelong learner, I earned an MBA from Woodbury University and a BA in English with an emphasis in creative writing from UC Santa Barbara.
When asked why teaching is my tenure, I explain, “I embrace education as my profession because it empowers me to help shape the lives of others, while giving my life greater meaning.”
- Author of articles, a blog, and book for educators creating a MOOC course with edX.
- Expert witness who provides testimony and reports about business and social media.
- Instructional designer proficient with producing educational content and assessments.
- International educator with teaching and training experience in the United Arab Emirates.
- Marketer skilled with creating and curating original content for social media campaigns.
- Mentor and academic advisor to associate, undergraduate, and graduate level students.
- Online educator with expertise using LMS including Blackboard, Canvas, and eCollege.
- Professional experienced working in nonprofits, startups, and Fortune 500 companies.
- Public speaker who uses sincerity, humor, and storytelling to connect with audiences.
- Teacher adept at developing and delivering business courses online and on-campus.
- Trainer specializing in communication, management, and marketing courses.es.
For more information about me like my Facebook page, view my Instagram pictures, connect with me on LinkedIn, or follow me on Twitter. You can reach me directly using the phone number and email address at the top of the page or by using the “Contact Me” form in the footer of the page.