Skilled in learning management systems such as Blackboard, Canvas, eCollege, edX, and Moodle, I develop and teach communication, management, and marketing courses for adult learners online, on campus, and in blended learning environments. In corporate settings, I conduct business communication, decision-making, and social media marketing workshops. Embracing opportunities overseas, I also teach undergraduates at a university in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and conduct corporate training there as well.
A tech-savvy writer, my first book, edX E-Learning Course Development, was published for educators with the aim of designing, developing, and deploying MOOC courses on the edX platform. I have also authored scholarly papers, feature articles, and Doctorious—a blog about my adventures in academia. I am an unrepentant fan of the Oxford comma; the semicolon is another of my guilty pleasures.
As a marketer and consultant, I have managed people, products, and projects in the education, entertainment, medical device, nonprofit, publishing, travel, and technology sectors. Recognized for my knowledge of social media marketing, I have been called upon to provide expert witness testimony for lawsuits and related research matters.
A charismatic speaker, I use sincerity, humor, and storytelling to connect with audiences; education, leadership, management, marketing, and technology are my main topics. Be sure ask to about my signature speech, Superman: Manager of Steel or my latest idea, David Bowie: The Manager Who Fell to Earth.
When asked why teaching is my tenure, I explain, “I embrace education as my profession because it empowers me to help shape the lives of others, while giving my life greater meaning.”
- Author of articles, a blog, and book for educators creating a MOOC course with edX.
- Expert witness who provides testimony and reports about business and social media.
- Instructional designer proficient with producing educational content and assessments.
- International educator with both teaching and training experience in the UAE and Qatar.
- Marketer skilled with creating and curating original content for social media campaigns.
- Mentor and academic advisor to associate, undergraduate, and graduate level students.
- Online educator with expertise using LMS including Blackboard, Canvas, and eCollege.
- Professional experienced working in nonprofits, startups, and Fortune 500 companies.
- Public speaker who uses sincerity, humor, and storytelling to connect with audiences.
- Teacher adept at developing and delivering business courses online and on-campus.
- Trainer specializing in communication, management, and marketing courses.
For more information about me, you can like my Facebook page, connect with me on LinkedIn, or follow me on Twitter. You can reach me directly using the phone number and email address at the top of the page or by using the contact form in the footer of the page.