As a consultant, I create academic curriculum and corporate training materials in addition to developing WordPress blogs, and providing expert witness testimony. Notably, a report I prepared for defendants in a copyright infringement lawsuit earned them $500,000 in previously suspended royalties. Below are businesses, individuals, and organizations for whom I have consulted.
Comedian, actor, musician, and television/film producer.
- Collaborated with three other contractors to outline marketing and business issues related to the redesign of AndyDick.com.
Bruce McLucas, MD
UCLA-based obstetrician-gynecologist specializing in uterine artery embolization.
- Analyzed Fibroids.com for SEO strength and prepared a report with my analysis and recommendations.
Author, filmmaker, entrepreneur, and love coach.
- Designed a microsite [archived sample] for the unique “Role of a Lifetime” DVD dating course.
- Took product photographs, designed graphics, programmed HTML that integrated with a CMS.
Cigars by Chivas
Privately-owned cigar shop located in Old Town Pasadena.
- Rebranded this tobacco retailer’s online presence and integrated a Miva Merchant e-commerce system.
- Took or obtained photos of more than 200 cigar and tobacco products, writing sales copy for each.
Cozy Toes Nail Spa
Nail spa offering manicures, pedicures, skin care, waxing, and massage services.
- Rebranded business cards, brochures, point of purchase displays, coupons, and website [archived sample].
- Increased search engine rankings and traffic from Google to the company’s website by 97 percent.
The official David Bowie web site.
Independent masseuse offering integrative bodywork, meditative massage therapy, and energy healing.
- Designed IntermezzoMassage.com [archived sample] in PHP using includes and drop-down text.
World-renowned flutist and music instructor at the University of Southern California.
- Designed an early version of JimWalkerFlute.com for flutist, composer, and USC professor Jim Walker.
Law Offices of Peter J. Anderson
Law firm specializing in business law, copyright litigation, and entertainment litigation.
- Prepared an expert witness report for the defendants in Burnett vs. Young, et al. (alleged copyright infringement of the Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen song “Good Time”). Citing social media statistics, Facebook functionality, and likely user behavior, my report influenced the plaintiff to drop her case, earning the defendants $500,000 in previously suspended royalties.
Haircolor artist and hair stylist who sells his own line of professional haircare products.
- Designed a website [archived sample] and a Blogger template for this hair salon and its hair care products.
Composer and pianist who has recorded and toured with David Bowie, Smashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails.
- Designed and managed MikeGarson.com [archived sample], the website of this pianist and composer.
- Negotiated the $60,000 sale of the NowMusic.com domain name along with a licensing agreement.
- Coordinated the production and managed the marketing of two contemporary classical albums.
One of eleven cruise ship brands owned by Carnival Corporation, the world’s largest cruise ship operator.
- Launched a summer internship program, recruiting, training, and managing 11 college students.
- Contributed to the design of a management training program while handling online recruitment.
- Developed and implemented a digital backup strategy for critical legal and personal documents.
Los Angeles-based law firm specializing in “quit tam” lawsuits (fraud against the government).
- Designed an informative website [archived sample] at Roberts-Partners.com for this fraud-fighting lawyer.
San Fernando Valley Business Journal
Weekly newspaper with 10,000 print and 14,000 online subscribers.
- Wrote profiles of leaders and businesses in the Santa Clarita and San Fernando Valleys.
Wingate Dunross, Inc.
Privately-held executive and technical search firm.
- Redesigned this search firm’s online identity at WDSearch.com.
Private, non-profit, and nonsectarian university with 1,300 undergraduate and 300 graduate students.
- Developed an Executive Education program in partnership with the School of Business Chair.
- Created a prototype website and e-mail template along with program administrative elements.