On May 30, 2015 I published my very first book “edX E-Learning Course Development,” a 300 page manual that helps university teachers and corporate trainers design, develop, and deploy an interactive and informative MOOC course for the edX platform. It walks a reader through eight steps to create an edX course while teaching them about tools and techniques to know as an edX instructor.
Those eight steps are presented in eight chapters which include:
- Getting Started: an overview of MOOCs and the history of edX.
- Planning the Curriculum:curriculum development.
- Producing Videos: video production best practices.
- Designing Exercises: options for exercises and assessments.
- Integrating the Curriculum: options for adding course materials.
- Administering Your Course: your course’s administrative options.
- Facilitating Your Course: your role as a facilitator of your edX course.
- Promoting Your Course: a strategy to market your course.
Reading edX E-Learning Course Development will teach you how to:
- Create engaging assessments and effective exercises that achieve your course’s learning objectives.
- Establish your edX course settings, view and modify course content, and import and export your course.
- Market your course to increase enrollment and create an enjoyable educational experience for your students.
- Navigate edX, sign up for Studio, and create your own edX course.
- Publish an announcement, attach a course syllabus, add instructional pages, and upload course handouts.
- Use video production best practices and convert your classroom lectures to instructional videos.